Associate Financial Advisor.
About the Firm:
Blue Chip Partners is a registered investment advisory (RIA) firm headquartered in Farmington Hills, Michigan. Blue Chip Partners was named to the Financial Times list of Top 300 Registered Investment Adviser firms in 2020, 2018 and 2017. In 2020, Blue Chip Partners made Financial Advisor Magazine's Top 50 Fastest Growing RIA firms and its assets under management have increased from $300 million in 2015 to over $1 billion as of November 2021. Blue Chip Partners provides highly personalized financial planning and portfolio management services to over 650 clients.
Blue Chip Partners’ growth is directly attributable to the quality of our employees. Our approach is to compensate our employees fairly, invest in their professional development, and strive to have a corporate culture that results in their staying for the long-term. We are an organization that genuinely cares about each other and our clients. Blue Chip Partners looks to continue to expand this commitment to employees and clients by selectively adding to its credentialed team.
This Associate Financial Advisor will have the unique role of providing technical and client relationship management support to seasoned members of the Advisory Team. Furthermore, this candidate will be handling transactions for the firm’s clients, as well as supporting the day-to-day relationships and participating in or conducting client meetings. The Associate Financial Advisor position will be responsible for developing financial plans, managing client relationships, reviewing portfolio performance with clients, and performing research regarding complex client issues.
While the addition of new clients and assets is encouraged and rewarded, the focus of Associate Financial Advisors will be on maintaining and servicing our current clientele.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain client relationships in partnership with the Senior Financial Advisors
- Attend meetings held by the Senior Financial Advisors with clients and prospects; conduct solo meetings with clients as appropriate
- Work with clients to ensure action items are thoroughly executed and documented
- Assist Senior Financial Advisors with data collection and input into financial planning software
- Handle client-related requests and account service inquiries without advisor input
- Assist clients with implementation of recommended and agreed-upon strategies
- Initiate trading to satisfy client withdrawals and deposits
- Run scheduled model portfolio rebalances to ensure client portfolios are within tolerance
- Embrace investment strategy of the firm and provide investment education and recommendations
- Work together to transfer existing clients, freeing up the Senior Financial Advisors to continue to drive growth and direction of the firm
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong academic and professional background
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail, poised, organized, and keen sense of urgency
- Able to manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Strong Excel skills and experience with Microsoft Office products
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to understand complex issues
- Team player
- 2-5 years of financial planning, investment, or tax experience strongly preferred
- Series 65 license (required for role; pursuit to begin shortly after start date if not already held and is expected to be passed within three months)
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certificant, CPA, or JD; pursuit of the CFP® certification will be required for role if not already held
- Experience with CRM, financial planning, and portfolio management software strongly preferred
- Position Type: Full Time
- Position Location: Farmington Hills, MI. No virtual arrangements
- Compensation: $60,000 - $90,000 depending on experience
- Highly competitive salary and excellent benefits including employer-subsidized medical and dental plans, 401(k) plan, and discretionary profit-sharing plan participation
- Great work environment and outstanding co-workers
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org