Setting appropriate expectations upfront is the cornerstone of a successful relationship.
I expect my advisor to . . .
- be well-informed in financial planning and investing
- make recommendations based on my needs and objectives
- operate with the objective of enhancing my financial well-being
- be accessible and to provide prompt, courteous service
- communicate information in an understandable manner
- inform me of all fees and commissions associated with any investment or service
- project reasonable results
- complete transactions in a timely fashion
- keep my financial situation confidential
We expect our clients to . . .
- feel comfortable discussing needs, objectives and expectations
- be forthright about their current financial situation
- inform us of changes in financial or personal circumstances
- meet with us to review and possibly revise financial strategies
- read and review account statements and call with questions
- understand that all investments have risk
- contact us with any questions or need for further clarification